Insomnia and some of the causes; Insomnia, also known as sleeplessness, is a sleep disorder in which people have trouble sleeping. They may have difficulty falling asleep, or staying asleep as long as desired. Insomnia is typically followed by daytime sleepiness, low energy, irritability, and a depressed mood.
Causes of Insomnia
You may be less physically or socially active. A lack of activity can interfere with a good night’s sleep. Also, the less active you are, the more likely you may be to take a daily nap, which can interfere with sleep at night.
Concerns about work, school, health, finances or family can keep your mind active at night, making it difficult to sleep. Stressful life events or trauma can hinder you from catching some ZZZ’s. Equally, death or illness of a loved one, divorce, or a job loss, may also may lead to insomnia.
In addition, many prescription drugs can interfere with sleep. Drugs such as antidepressants and medications for asthma or blood pressure. Some pain medications, allergy and cold medications, weight-loss products that contain caffeine and other stimulants that can disrupt sleep.
- Masticating Juicer
- 1 carrot
- 1½ golden delicious apples
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 cup parsley
- 4 celery stalks
- ¼ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Clean all fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Core and destem apples.
- Cut the end off the carrot
- Peel the lemon and cut into quarters. Make sure there's no seeds.
- Feed the ingredients one at a time. Juicing the watercress and parsley first.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg in. Stir the juice thoroughly before consuming.
- Drink right away or freeze it in an air tight container.