The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs found in vertebrates. They are located on the left and right in the retroperitoneal space, and in adult humans are about 12 centimetres in length. They receive blood from the paired renal arteries; blood exits into the paired renal veins
The Purpose of the Kidney
The main function of our kidneys is to filter waste materials and excessive fluids present in the blood. Once the kidneys have filtered the blood, the waste materials are stored inside the bladder which excretes the waste fluid in the form of urine. However, if a person is suffering from kidney problems or complete kidney failure, then they are unable to perform these functions, enabling the unfiltered blood to remain in the body causing additional health hazards.
Chronic kidney disease, also called chronic kidney failure, describes the gradual loss of kidney function. Your kidneys filter wastes and excess fluids from your blood, which are then excreted in your urine. When chronic kidney disease reaches an advanced stage, dangerous levels of fluid, electrolytes and wastes can build up in your body.
Kidney stones (also called renal calculi, nephrolithiasis or urolithiasis) are hard deposits made of minerals and salts that form inside your kidneys. A kidney stone usually will not cause symptoms until it moves around within your kidney or passes into your ureters, the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder. If it becomes lodged in the ureters, it may block the flow of urine and cause the kidney to swell and the ureter to spasm.
You Gotta Be Kidney Me
- ½ mango
- ½ cup cantaloupe
- ½ cup pineapple
- 1 orange
- ½ grapefruit
- Clean all fruits thoroughly.
- Remove the pineapple core but dont discard. You can use the pineapple core. It holds the most nutritional value
- Cut the pineapples into cubes.
- Cut and remove the seeds from cantaloupe.
- Cut and remove the husk/seed from the mango
- Peel both the grapefruit and orange. Your can surpreme the if you like. Video of how to here.
- Feed the ingredients one at a time, in the order as listed
- Stir the juice thoroughly before consuming.
- If not consuming immediately, place in an air tight container. Then place in freezer or refrigerator.
- Remember to leave room in the container for expansion